24 August 2018.
An opening has arisen for an Assistant (entry level position) in the Brussels office of Jean Lambert, Green MEP for London, starting as soon as possible until March 29th 2019.
The role is based in Jean’s office in the European Parliament in Brussels, with some travel to Strasbourg.
Entry level position – Accredited Parliamentary Assistant’s contract.
Deadline for applications: midnight on Tuesday 4 September CET (Central European Time).
Interviews: Friday 14 September in Brussels.
To apply: send your CV and covering letter of application with ‘Application for the position of Brussels Assistant’ in the subject heading to: email@example.com.
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A working knowledge of the Parliament, including how Committees function
• Problem-solving attitude
• Genuine passion for Green politics and Jean’s work in Europe
• Interest in South Asia and/or the Civil Liberties Committee
• Friendly, personable manner and a sense of diplomacy
• Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a complex new environment.
• English native speaker equivalent
• Knowledge of French (desirable)
• Organising MEP’s travel
• Responding to constituent emails
• Assisting with drafting of Parliamentary Questions
• Briefings for speeches and media appearances
• Attending meetings, reporting back for the MEP
• Assisting in committee and/or delegation work
• Assisting in the tabling of amendments
• Other tasks as requested by the line manager
The successful candidate will support the running of Jean’s Brussels office, therefore a flexible approach to work is essential. Experience of drafting briefings, Parliamentary questions and official letters, and working with Parliamentary procedures is desirable.